Production Supervisor (12-hour Continental Shift)
We build communities, let us build your career
Why choose Westlake Pipe & Fittings?
- Benefits Day 1!
- Structured Retirement Savings Plan: The Company will match your contributions up to a certain percentage.
- Quarterly Bonus Programs
- Annual Incentive bonus
- Fitness Reimbursement Program: The Company will reimburse up to 50%.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Scholarship Program
- Training & Development - Access to multiple platforms of learning (online, in person, 3rd party training institutions)
- Community Relations - We support and encourage our employees to volunteer their time and efforts in worthwhile causes and donate funds to assist various charitable groups.
Reporting to the Production Superintendent, this position is responsible for providing supervisory excellence to a shift of continental hourly associates in achieving Safety, Quality and Production goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and control production assets with respect to equipment, employees and raw materials in order to continuously improve efficiency, quality and customer satisfaction.
- Review and recommend changes to machinery and equipment, production systems and methods of work.
- Report any deficiencies in systems, facilities, machinery, equipment and/or tools immediately to Plant Manager/Production Superintendent
- Record and/or report product damage/nonconformities to Plant/Production Superintendent and Quality Supervisor
- Comply with Quality Control policies and procedures
- Participate and contribute to effective production efficiency
- Communicate with administrative, plant and supervisory staff as required.
- Supervise all assigned hourly employees on the shift in a manner that maximizes safety as well as product quality and quantity while maintaining efficiency and cost control
- Apply policies, rules and collective agreement fairly and consistently.
- Communicate with Hourly employees, as required.
- Provide and participate in training as required.
- Comply with divisional rules, regulations and policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Plant Manager/Production Superintendent
- Participate in developing metrics to track progress and improvement efforts and work on achieving targets using said metrics.
- Encourage crew engagement/participation in on-going plant improvement processes (JH&SC, monthly crew safety meetings, 6S projects, Continuous Improvement team and projects, etc.)
- Provide and/or participate in training, as required.
- Apply policies, rules and collective agreement fairly and consistently
- Create/lead positive example as relates to Westlake Code of Business Ethics and Workplace Harassment/Discrimination Policy.
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience and Qualifications
- Three to five years related supervisory experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Self-motivated individual with well-developed organizational, time management and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work and contribute in a team environment
- Proficient with MS Office (i.e. Excel, Word, Power point, etc.)
- Able to work a 12-hour continental shift (2 weeks on days 7am to 7pm, and 2 weeks on nights 7pm to 7am.)