Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Project Manager is responsible for the overall management of one or more large scale Westlake Projects throughout the entire Project Life Cycle from original concept to implementation. The Project Manager plans, directs, and coordinates all project activities to ensure that goals and objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters. The main purpose of the position can be summed up as follows:
- Obtains agreement on Time, Scope and Cost of Project, and defines specific Project Deliverables with Project Sponsor
- Monitors and reports on Project activities to ensure quality and integrity of Project
- Assures completion and fulfillment of all Project Deliverables
- Selects and directs the Project Team and project activities
Position Responsibilities :
1. Leads projects by: establishing the need (business case), gaining consensus and collaboration, develop and gain consensus on the scope, obtain funding, execute the project by leading and doing, monitor progress and adjust to challenges.
2. Establish work plan and staffing needs for each phase of a project and negotiate and arrange for selection/assignment of project personnel.
3. Create the appropriate Project Team for each phase of a project; determine duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority of Project Personnel. Make project team adjustments as required during life cycle of project and work with Human Resources and Line Management for redeployment of Project Team Members whenever necessary.
4. Formulate and define technical scope and objectives of Project. Review agreed-upon Project Deliverables with Project Team and identify, define and schedule actual deliverables, milestones, and required tasks.
5. Develop Project strategies and plans, and identify the methods and tools required for the project.
6. Direct and coordinate activities of Project Personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget.
7. Review status reports prepared by Project Team Members and modify schedules or plans as required.
8. Prepare Project Status Reports for Project Sponsor as required. Develop comprehensive communication plan for project.
9. Confer regularly with Project Personnel to provide guidance, leadership, motivation and to resolve problems.
10. Direct professional development and training of staff and evaluate performance of project staff.
11. Manage on an ongoing basis the risks associated with a project, consult regularly with Project Sponsor to weigh impact of risk scenarios and develop contingencies.
12. Leads effort in creative approaches to problem solving and presenting quality deliverables that fully support business objectives.
13. Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously throughout the division.
14. Candidate should have experience managing vendor accountably for budgets, timelines, safety and compliance.
15. All other duties as requested or assigned.
PROFESSIONAL/PERSONAL QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
Personal and Professional Qualities
Integrity, Honesty, Dedication and Enthusiasm are necessary personal attributes for this position.
Proven experience project management skills including organizational skills. Very strong technically and demonstrated supervisor skills
Able to communicate effectively with all levels within Boral and outside suppliers.
Shows strong aptitude towards safety.
JOB-RELATED QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
Education, Licenses or Certificates
College Degree Required: BS in Engineering in: Mechanical or Electrical or Civil Engineering
Professional Engineer Certification would be a plus
Must have detailed Understanding of the following project management tools: Risk Analysis, Project Planning, Capital Appropriations, Project Tracking & Reporting, Schedule adherence, Identification of Problems and problem resolution, etc. Lean Manufacturing principles a plus
History of leading Automation projects
Must have strong written and verbal skills.
Strong Knowledge and Understanding of Business Needs, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of internal/external customer trust and confidence
Demonstrated expertise in setting and managing customer and management expectations
Demonstrated Math, Estimating, and Analytical Proficiency
Problem solving and Decision-Making Capability
Ability to interact with people from a variety of backgrounds, levels and positions
Planning and Prioritizing Skill
Computer Skills: SAP enterprise software preferred, Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Power Point and Microsoft Projects. Additionally, knowledge of Auto Cad design software and or Solid Works 3D software.
Familiarity with E-Mail Systems and electronic forms processing.
Knowledge/Use of Mobile Telecommunication Devices
Experience with Work at Heights, LOTTO-Verify, Hot Work Safety a plus.
OSHA 30-Hour Construction Certification a plus.
Experience with Permit To Work issuance a plus.
5 - 7+ years managing medium to large scale projects in a technical, manufacturing environment required
PHYSICAL HAZARDS & MENTAL DEMANDS -- Health and Safety Concerns
General Office and Manufacturing Facility Activities--Walking, Standing, Sitting, Lifting, Talking, Typing, etc.
Must be able to work in a fast-paced, multiple task environment, and thrive under time and cost constraints
Driving; and Occasional Lifting of heavy materials, 50 pounds maximum.
This position will generally service Northern & Southern California as well as Nevada but the candidate should be willing to support projects from coast-to-coast on an as needed basis.
Salary: $103K- $120K
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US markets. The base pay range for this position is $103kto $120k. This range is based on relevant market data in our lowest and highest geographic markets. Pay is based on several factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, experience and skillset. Westlake is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, sign on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package (also to include a full range of medical and other benefits.