Quality Technician - Night Shift
About Westlake Pipe & Fittings
Westlake Pipe & Fittings, a Westlake company (NYSE:WLK), is the second-largest polyvinyl chloride pipe and fittings manufacturer in North America. Westlake Pipe & Fittings supplies gasketed, solvent weld and restrained joint pipes and a wide range of fittings for a diverse list of markets including municipal water and sewer, plumbing, water well, pool and spa, and agricultural and turf irrigation. Westlake Pipe & Fittings is an industry leader in product development with Certa-Lok® spline-lock technology and product systems that are focused on building A Better Foundation. To learn more, visit the website at WestlakePipe.com.
SO WHY WESTLAKE PIPE & FITTINGS?
We believe in creating a supportive and inclusive culture that empowers and encourages our associates to succeed through individual achievement and teamwork. A career at Westlake Pipe & Fittings, is enriched with an innovative spirit, high work ethic, and rewarding experiences. We foster a culture that supports professional development, personal growth, and opportunities for advancement.
COMPETITIVE PAY & BENEFITS
- Benefits Effective Day 1
- Med, Den, Vision, 401k (4% match), Annual Retirement Contribution (2%), Life & AD&D
- Paid Vacation
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Fitness Reimbursement Program
- Opportunity for Advancement
Summary: Responsible to follow all quality standards in accordance with company policy, National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) requirements, ASTM criteria, and ISO 9001 in testing and release of day-to-day production products, any modifications to the existing tooling & new tooling production samples. Strictly following safety guidelines daily.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position reports directly to and will receive direction from the QC Technician Lead, Quality Control Assistant Supervisor, and Quality Control Supervisor.
The primary responsibility of the QA Technician is to perform top-quality operational duties safely and efficiently daily which include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Visual inspection per company standards, Dimension fittings using precision measuring equipment, burst pressure testing, impact testing and other tests required as per the ASTM/NSF standard. Approve, Hold, or reject the product based on the quality results.
- Perform quality assurance testing, record results, or send Quality Hold Notifications by following quality hold process & maintain Quality control records (Manually or Electronically).
- Follow all the quality processes which are in place & follow site procedures.
- Identify, investigate, and resolve non-compliance production issues by communicating to the production team.
- Support defect trend analysis investigations, assist in customer return evaluations, maintaining a clean work area by following 5S methodology by strictly following safety guidelines.
- Other work-related duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma or equivalent or 1-year manufacturing experience
Language Skills: Ability to read, write and comprehend sufficient English to follow work instructions.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform basic mathematics including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and averaging with both whole and fractional numbers.
Reasoning Ability: Must always be mentally alert and safety conscious. Capable of accurately making decisions for approving the products as per the ASTM specifications and testing requirements. Reasoning capabilities to apply specifications and tolerances in decision making situations. Must be able to work with limited supervision. Ability to get along and be able to interface with other associates.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to lift 35 pounds 3 feet high. Dexterous use of both hands and feet. Good, corrected vision and hearing. Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, up to 70% during working hours.
Equipment used - Knives, Tape guns, dimensional test equipment, burst pressure tanks, Impact test equipment, Printers & computers, Barcode scanners and verifiers, etc.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. General factory. Exposed to heat, cold, noise, dust, oil/grease/solvent welding cement and traveling powered industrial vehicles.