The Sawyer is responsible for cutting vinyl or aluminum by using the right equipment. This role is in charge of fulfilling cutting orders by using the proper machinery or hand tools. The Sawyer will primarily operate the saw to cut vinyl or aluminum to exact measurements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comply with Westlake Safety Policies.
- Regular attendance, timeliness and scheduling flexibility.
- Ability to lift materials and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal, written, or diagram instructions.
- These are generally standard activities with the sawing equipment
- Makes angle and length adjustment to cutting equipment to produce parts on cutting list or batch specifications, ensuring accuracy of cuts.
- Develop saw skills with all the safety procedures to prevent injuries.
- Maintain cutting, punching and drilling equipment to company standards.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities requested by the supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Operate a computer or other keyboard instrument.
- Operate in an SAP environment.
- Knowledge of sawing tasks preferred.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions.
- Knowledge of basic math, angles and use of measuring tools.
- Must be able to work independently and use good judgment.
- Ability to maintain attention to detail.
- Ability to hear audible noises.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred
- 1 year of experience as a sawyer preferred.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The employee should possess the ability to:
- Be exposed to temperature extremes inside or out.
- Be exposed to sounds or noise levels that maybe uncomfortable.
- Prolong standing for up to 12 hours performing shift work or in a stationary position.
- Complete repetitive movements.
- Bend or twist.
- Wear all required personal protective equipment.
- Work in constant noise above 85 decibels.
- Handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Lift/move up to 50 pounds.
- Remove or replace items up to 50 pounds.
- Ascend or descend stairs.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.