Seasonal Machine Operator T/O
Looking to hire Seasonal (Temp) Machine Operators (T/O Standard)
We are seeking enthusiastic, positive candidates who wish to contribute to a successful operation. Machine Operators will be trained to monitor and operate their production line in our 10-line operation. Over time, you will be trained on additional lines to improve operational flexibility. This is a unionized position.
All applicants must be able to work any shift in our 7/24 facility. We operate the plant under a 12-hour shift system (8:00 to 8:00) which has the benefit of only requiring seven work days in a 2-week pay period. This shift schedule offers the benefit of additional earnings compared to a standard forty-hour per week schedule. We are also seeking applicants who understand that employees make key contributions to developing a pro-safe work environment.
- Competitive Wages - $20.27 per/hr.
- 8% will be added to wage in lieu of RRSP Contributions
- Company provided: PPE,
- Overtime available
- Possibility of F/T Permanent
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Follow all Safety Requirements
- Perform daily cleanup and house-keeping as directed by the Lead Hand and/or Supervisor
- Communicate in a professional manner with all employees
- Conduct daily checks on equipment that is applicable to the job
- Learn and embrace the idea that quality is built into processes, products, and services that we deliver to our internal and external customers
- Visually inspect and maintain pipe printers, and properly clean and service for continuous operation, as well as change print codes as product changes.
- Ability to perform quality checks, using Pi-tapes, tape measures, calipers and micrometers, as well as other methods of assuring compliance, as specified by the QC manager
- Proficient use of hand tools; measuring tape, mitre-saw, nail gun etc.
- Operation of pipe bundling and packaging equipment as required, specific to the product being produced
- Use of overhead crane and other lifting devices
- Must obtain a general knowledge of the extruders and related equipment, including material loaders hoppers, and pigment feedersIdentify possible issues with said equipment, and report to proper personnel.
- Learn techniques, procedures and use of equipment from trainers appointed by a supervisor.
- Must be able to identify and remove pipe deemed as scrap, and properly document and report as required.
- Must be trained and certified(in-house) to operate a forklift, and maintain certification for the duration of employment.
- Any additional duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary by the Lead Hand.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Grade 12 graduate an asset
- Ability to read, write, understand and communicate effectively in English
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds/23 kilograms
- Level II first aid an asset
- Forklift certification an asset; train and certification in house
- Positive Attitude
- Willingness to learn
- Communicate in a professional manner
- Attention to detail and focus on the task at hand is extremely important.
- Flexible and adaptable to change