Senior HR Business Partner
Bilingual required (Spanish)
On-site American Canyon
The Senior Human Resources Business Partner is responsible for coordinating and supporting plant management or multi-plant human resources activities. Activities include resolution of employee issues, communication and administration of corporate policies and procedures, providing training and educational programs; supporting management of employee relations policies and activities, counseling with managers/supervisors on significant discipline and termination decisions for employees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage employee relations activities to ensure fair and consistent treatment of all employees through adherence to programs and policies. Coaches human resources and administrative staff on proper employee relations practices. Maintains positive employee relations through employee activities, employee recognition programs and other communication forums.
- Counsel functional heads, plant managers, supervisors and employees on various human resources activities to include policies and procedures, benefit plans, job-related concerns and issues, interpersonal relationships with peers and supervisors.
- Coordinate with Westlake COEs to ensure effective, coordinated delivery of HR services in the areas of Total Rewards, Talent Management and HR Operations.
- Oversee the administration of compensation, benefits, vacation, sick leave, absence programs for employees.
- Administer activities related to corporate and plant employment practices. Assist with recruiting, screening, interviewing, hiring, onboarding, and promotion of employees.
- Advise and assist functional leaders, plant managers and supervisors with employee relations issues, complaints and terminations. Ensures progressive discipline policies are administered fairly and consistently.
- Prepare employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs for employees.
- Conduct human resources related training and support corporate compliance training requirements.
- Assist local and HR management in executing employee development plans to maintain the highest level of qualified personnel.
- Any additional duties and tasks as required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Relations, Labor Relations, Human Resources, Business Administration or related field. SHRM or HRCI certified professional preferred.
- 7-10 years progressive HR experience. 5+ years’ experience in a generalist/functional role with exposure to compensation, performance management, training, labor relations
- Must be adept in knowledge of state employment laws
- Must be bi-lingual (English and Spanish)
Required Behavioral Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to exhibit Westlake Behaviors.
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize work.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work independently, and coordinate with colleagues in multiple locations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, high level of attention to detail and adaptability to changing business requirements.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office. Some of the work may be required in the operating units which can require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc. May also result in exposure to outside elements and may require usage of stairs and elevators. Travel including air travel or auto travel up to 10% is required.
Pay Range- 103,000.00 - 134,000.00
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US markets. The base pay range for this position is $103K to $134K. This range is based on relevant market data in our lowest and highest geographic markets. Pay is based on several factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, experience and skillset. Westlake is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, sign on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package (also to include a full range of medical and other benefits.