Senior Process Control Engineer
The Senior Process Control Engineer will be responsible for design, configuration, integration and implementation of control systems in both continuous and batch chemical manufacturing processes. Thile role is responsible for P&ID review, technical support for maintenance, construction oversight, and improvement of instrument and electrical systems at Westlake facilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Demonstrates strong safety culture through personal behavior and commitment to environmental, health & safety.
- Participates in the PACE culture of safety
- OT systems administrator for the site
- Ensure process control systems meet cyber security guidelines
- Manage Aspen IP21 process explorer for process control group
- Continue development of DCS network and PLC network
- Manage DCS and PLC fiber optic network
- Technical resource for DCS, PLC, and SIS systems
- Develop and maintain PLC system upgrade 5-year plan with cost estimates
- Maintain backups for PLC programs including rung comments
- Assist with the development of alarm management
- Develop and implement standard engineering practices
- Develop preliminary scope for the instrument and control portion of capital and maintenance projects.
- Develop and provide cost estimates to project engineers.
- Communicate with vendors to determine applicability of products.
- Provide technical support to maintenance instrument supervisors and technicians.
- Provide technical help to investigate equipment and system failures and recommend corrective actions.
- Identifies the technologies to be used for new applications, and extensions of current architectures
- Must be capable of detailed design generation, implementation, integration, testing and on-site startup of systems
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Controls Engineering or Chemical Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience, with detailed knowledge of process control system hardware and software required. Honeywell or ABB DCS experience preferred. Modicon , Triconex and Allen-Bradley PLC systems experience preferred
- Experience with network switches, firewalls, communications
- Experience with APC applications
- Maintain backups for PLC programs including ladder rung comments
- Maintain SIS program backups and associated documentation
- Excellent organizational and communication skills required
- Excellent computer skills, with proficiency in MS Word and Power Point
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment
WHY JOIN US?
At Westlake, you will be a part of global diversified team working together to provide the world essential and more sustainable products that enhance people’s lives every day. There are learning and development opportunities to craft your career path. We offer benefits that enhance your life such as competitive compensation package, health insurance, bonus incentives, retirement plan, life benefits - and many more.
Flexible schedule: Option to work a 9/80 compressed work schedule, which allows an employee to work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday and take every other Friday off.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally or infrequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Additionally, this position must make general decisions requiring judgement and perform activities requiring sustained concentration.
The noise level in the work environment is sometimes moderate when working in an office, however, some of the work may be required in the operating units which mandates usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc. May also result in exposure to outside elements and may require usage of stairs and elevators. Travel including air travel or auto travel may occasionally be required.