Service Crew Technician and Driver
While working in the field, this position records and resolves customer service complaints regarding windows and doors. The Field Service Technician attempts to meet and exceed the customer’s expectation in the repair of windows and doors.
* Comply with Westlake’s Safety Policies.
* Regular attendance, timeliness, and scheduling flexibility.
* Provide safety leadership in promoting and creating a zero-injury safety culture.
* Perform service at customer facilities in accordance with company policies and procedures.
* Provide service and customer support during field visits or dispatches.
* Tie workflow to schedule.
* Manage all on-site installation, repair, maintenance, and test tasks.
* Diagnose errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions.
* Produce timely and detailed service reports.
* Document processes.
* Operate vehicle safely and use field automation systems.
* Follow all company’s filed procedures and protocols.
* Cooperate with the technical team and share information across the organization.
* Comprehend customer requirements and make appropriate recommendations/briefings.
* Build positive relationships with customers.
* Other Duties and responsibilities assigned by the supervisor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The employee should hold the following abilities:
* Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management and relevant software.
* Understanding of market dynamics and sound business judgment.
* Comfortable with figures and in collecting, analyzing, and interpreting data.
* Must be able to work well in a team environment.
* Must possess strong communication and organizational skills.
* Ability to work well with people at all levels and motivate the warehouse associates.
* Must have strong leadership skills and ability to professionally lead associates by example.
* Ability to change or adapt work practices, priorities, or procedures.
* Ability to think and take constructive action in work-related matters.
* Must have the ability to multi-task.
* Must be able to work independently and use good judgment.
* Ability to maintain attention to detail.
* Possess skills to communicate ideas and instructions clearly and concisely and be able to coordinate effectively with management and customers
* Be highly motivated and able to work solo or in group/team settings.
* Ability to test, repair, and service products as necessary.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals. Must be able to read and understand the U.S. measurement system to a 1/32 of an inch.
* Have good hand dexterity. * Be capable of climbing ladders and/or staging and works in heights that may exceed 25 feet for extended periods of time.
* Ability to work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules. * Familiarity with mobile tools and applications.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The employee should have the following:
Must have great organization, communications and time management skills.
Familiarity with tools and window installation is a plus.
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
Possess a Class C Driver’s license, have a safe driving record and comply with every applicable state and federal law pertaining to driving.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The employee should possess the ability to:
Be exposed to sounds or noise levels that maybe uncomfortable.
Withstand exposure to temperature extremes inside or out.
Prolong standing or in stationary position.
Complete repetitive movements.
Bend and/or twist.
Lift/move/transport items up to 50 pounds.
Ability to move or traverse about the facilities.
Ability to work around dust, chemicals, and other substances, and in various environmental conditions.
Wear all required personal protective equipment (hearing, vision and hardhat protection).
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities.