Responsible for accurate receiving, storing, preparing and shipping orders of product. Knows their responsibility in a contingency plan or crisis situation. Must be able to work the shift pattern as outlined by distribution needs.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Count all products, compare to manifest and check all shipments for damage, infestation and production code dates
- Report shortages, damages and mis-shipments on appropriate forms
- Sign for inbound shipments when necessary
- If assigned, and you are a qualified forklift driver, unload inbound shipments safely and move product to storage locations
- Storage: Maximize space usage and safely put away items onto racks
- Ensure correct number and type of product is picked
- Transport orders to shipping locations or delivery platforms with material handling equipment
- Stencil, tag or mark orders as required
- Compare quantity, labeling and address with order to ensure outgoing shipments are complete and correct
- Accept signatures for outbound as necessary
- Efficiently move product into outbound delivery vehicles
- Maintain equipment and assigned areas in a neat, clean and orderly fashion
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently
- Comply with all local, OSHA or Expeditors’ standards
- Keep accurate records and reports. Assist in physical inventories and cycle counts
- Ensure proper stock rotation
Other Duties: Repack or re-box cases per instructions. Repair and re-box damaged goods as required. Operate shrink-wrap machine if assigned.
- Preferred high school degree
- 6 months of distribution and warehousing experience or comparable experience - RF technologies a plus
- Must be able to read, count accurately, do simple math (add, subtract, divide, multiply) and write legibly. Must be capable of standing and walking for extended periods.
- Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Must be able to stand or sit for prolonged periods
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail and positive attitude
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.