We are looking for a few good people to join us as Shipping Attendants!
What will you do?
The Warehouse Attendant will execute the daily shipping schedule for finished goods. He/she will work with the Shipping Team to prepare and ship orders in accordance with Dimex policies and procedures. They will manage inbound deliveries of packaging and supplies.
What Does Westlake Dimex offer to employees?
- Competitive pay
- Quarterly and annual bonus programs
- Day 1 benefits: Medical, dental, vision
- Life insurance and optional life and dependent insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Matching 401K with an annual retirement contribution
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Caregiver and Paternal Leave
- Scholarship program for dependents
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Exciting and dynamic work environment with plenty of opportunity for career growth
- and MORE!
See the details below and if this role sounds like a fit for you - don't hesitate, apply today!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Putting daily production in racks by scanning label and racks
- Requires some on and off fork truck to reach labels and uploading of scanner.
Loading and Unload Trucks
- Requires putting propane tanks on trucks to refuel.
- Requires putting dock plate in and out via fork truck, as well as some manual moving of dock plate if it does not go in or out correctly.
- Requires placing a jack stand under dropped trailer and placing wheel chalks under trailer wheels. (outside).
- Requires some on and off fork truck to reach labels and or go into the truck to inspect as well as some move of product using a pallet jack.
- Requires hand loading lawn edging either from trailer to trailer or from rack to trailer-20 ft bundles of 5 or 10 lawn edging pieces, weighing 50-55 lbs.
- Requires hand loading pick-up trucks, dump trucks for will call customers of boxes and edging between 35-55 lbs. As well as loading of coiled product-cut wrap, rolling 7ft tall coils on truck by hand. Carry additional coils as needed.
- Requires some trucks to be braced with heat treat boards, sometimes requires sawing to fit the truck width.
- Requires unloading of double stacked packaging, crates, and pallets with fork truck. If packaging spills, requires picking up and placing on another skid.
- Requires moving product from Raw Materials area to warehouse if delivery has dropped off there.
- Requires pulling from specific locations in racks.
- Requires lifting and building of skids, some boxes 7.5 ft long (paver), some boxes weigh 35-55 lbs.
- Requires banding to skid, running a stretch machine, and hand wrapping of skid.
- Requires placing of labels on product, each individual box or skid, and lifting to build skid.
- Requires some re-boxing of product for damage or kitting. Making boxes and placing product in box. Lifting and placing on skid.
- General housekeeping of warehouse areas.
- Cycle-counting by walking down each row and verifying that everything is accounted for and noting discrepancies.
- Re-crating product from time to time. Lifting and putting product in a crate for shipment.
- Writing-up items that get returned to inventory.
- Able to flex daily/weekly routine to adapt to increased responsibilities to assist with specific shipping clerk and/or customer service duties during peak seasons or as needed.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience operating a fork truck and pallet jack.
- Understanding of warehouse inventory system with ability to quickly acclimate to Dimex specific procedures.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work in a flexible, dynamic environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrates a high level of comfort with changing procedures.
Required Behavioral Skills
- Adheres to the highest ethical conduct.
- Creates an environment that encourages teamwork and collaboration, both internally and externally.
- Contributes to Team Success - Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Initiates Action - Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required; is proactive.
- Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self imposes standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.