We are looking for a person for Shipping Clerk!
What will you do?
The Shipping Clerk will coordinate and execute the daily shipping schedule for finished goods. The Shipping Clerk will manage inbound deliveries of finished goods, packaging, and supplies.
He/She will be working with the Shipping Team and Customer Service Representatives to prepare and ship orders on time from all Dimex and partner warehouses in accordance with Dimex policies and procedures. He/She will utilize Dimex software systems.
What Does Westlake Dimex offer to employees?
- Competitive pay
- Quarterly and annual bonus programs
- Day 1 benefits: Medical, dental, vision
- Life insurance and optional life and dependent insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Matching 401K with an annual retirement contribution
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Caregiver and Paternal Leave
- Scholarship program for dependents
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Exciting and dynamic work environment with plenty of opportunity for career growth
- and MORE!
See the details below and if this role sounds like a fit for you - don't hesitate, apply today!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate daily shipping schedule (including transfers) and review the shipping schedule and make sure all product is available.
- Preparing and print packing slips, label, and bills-of-lading. This includes generating FedEx/UPS labels via computer.
- Create and print pick lists and load plans as well as preparing orders for picking.
- Check order picks to ensure that skids were built correctly and apply required labels (Do Not Double Stack, address labels, packing slip, etc. on product.)
- Call trucking companies for pick up along with managing, completing, delivering, and filing paperwork as necessary.
- Participate in inventory process including annual, monthly and cycle counts.
- Investigating and resolving inventory discrepancies which will require going to the location for verification of item, quantity, and location. Perform adjustments to inventory after verification has been completed.
- Maintain the integrity of data in company computer systems.
- General housekeeping of warehouse areas.
- Completing fork truck inspections.
- Able to flex daily/weekly routine to adapt to increased responsibilities to assist with specific customer service duties during peak seasons or as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma required; Associates degree preferred.
- 3+ years of experience with warehouse safety, order processing, inventory management, and with use of warehousing and shipping software/computer systems.
- 5+ years of warehouse, shipping and receiving experience.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Have a high level of comfort with changing procedures.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite.
- Ensure standard operating procedures are adhered to meet or exceed all quality shipping specifications.
- Research any quality issues to identify cause and implement corrective actions timely.
Required Behavioral Skills
- Adheres to the highest ethical conduct.
- Ability to work in a flexible, dynamic environment and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Creates an environment that encourages teamwork and collaboration, both internally and externally
- Contributes to Team Success - Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required; is proactive.
- Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self imposes standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIROMENT
- Must be able to work in temperatures ranging from 0 -110 degrees Fahrenheit
- Must be able to wear safety shoes and safety glasses for 8 hrs.
- Must be able to work in dusty environments wearing appropriate dust masks and respirators for 8 hrs.
- Must be able to work in loud environments wearing appropriate ear protection for 8 hrs.
- Must be able to safely walk on occasionally dusty, wet and/or slippery surfaces.
- Flexible schedule and overtime as needed.