Warehouse Lead Hand is responsible for assisting warehouse operations and front desk support at the Winnipeg branch, provides customers with quality, timely service and contributes to a safety-centered facility.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Customer service as it relates to shipping and receiving
- Maintain safe, clean, organized warehouse, showroom and outside grounds
- Understand and follow safety rules and procedures - conduct monthly safety talks
- Maintain accurate and up to date documentation of all safety meetings and standards as required
- Prepare all paperwork required in JDE. Prepare all documentation relating to the movement of product in and out of the distribution facility.
- Work with and lead all different warehouse departments (customer service and 3rd party Shippers).
- Supervise and support cycle count process and other operations-related requirements
- Work with year-end count responsible to prepare material, warehouse, employees and customers
- First point of contact to answer alarm calls
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- High School diploma (minimum)
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong team player
- Ability to understand and follow company policies and procedures
- Ability to read, write, understand and communicate effectively in English
- Knowledge of stock, including product descriptions and suppliers
- Comprehensive understanding of safe work practices
- 5+ yr experience working with construction products and/or an inside sales service desk environment
- Open to learn and implement new processes
- Knowledgeable in truck and forklift maintenance and operation