Sr Maintenance Mechanic
The Sr Maintenance Mechanic position is responsible for maintaining and repairing all existing mechanical and electrical equipment in production areas and troubleshooting PLC's while ensuring all company safety rules and policies are followed.
- Follow and enforce company safety policies and procedures among the maintenance mechanics at all times.
- Notifies Maintenance Manager of recurring equipment malfunctions and corrective actions taken.
- Maintain and repair all existing electrical equipment in production areas by utilizing ladder diagrams and schematics and complete troubleshooting/programming of PLC's.
- Assembles, replaces, or refits parts.
- Assists with building repairs.
- Instructs and provides technical assistance to lower-level mechanics as required.
- Perform Electrical preventative maintenance of electrical control panels and equipment to ensure optimal operation and safety standards.
- Maintain inventory of spare parts and supplies by utilizing lean and 5s principles.
- Execute electrical related inspections and report accordingly.
- Run conduit and electrically terminate wiring in industrial equipment, interpret input output modules, and operate a variety of tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Performs a variety of semiskilled duties in the areas of plumbing, carpentry, electrical, fabrication, mechanical repairs, machine lubrication, painting, or plastering.
- Organize, coordinate, and assist in managing the overall maintenance programs including property appearance, timely work order service and cost-effective inventory control of the properties.
- Assist in all service areas as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Regular attendance, timeliness and scheduling flexibility.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Leadership and facilitation skills.
- Ability to read and interpret diagrams, schematics, and motor controls.
- Ability to interact effectively with various levels in the organization.
- Industrial mechanical, electrical, and controls skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, equipment manuals, and company manuals and procedures.
- Use hand and power tools, welding equipment, drill press, and other related industrial repair equipment.
- Demonstrate manual dexterity and mechanical aptitude.
- Good communication skills and ability to read, speak, write English (bilingual Spanish helpful).
- Ability to observe, identify, deduce, and troubleshoot equipment malfunctions.
- Quick learner and ability to work under minimal supervision.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The employee should have the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent and training or certification in relevant skill or trade.
- 1 - 2 years' experience in a relevant field including abilities to:
- Install/troubleshoot electrical services ranging from 480 volts ac to 24 volts dc.
- Installation of EMT and rigid conduit for branch circuits and motor control circuits.
- Job responsibilities include running conduit wiring transformers and terminating PLC cabinets.
- Install and program VFD's for conveyor and process equipment applications.
- Perform installation of wires and trouble shoot cables, drive motors, VFD's, sensors and encoders.
- Utilize ladders, scaffolds, and boom lifts to install, maintain and repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The employee should possess the ability to:
- Be exposed to temperature extremes inside or out.
- Operate various assembly/manufacturing/repair tools.
- Must be able to taste or smell.
- Must be able to position self to maintain equipment including under equipment and in small spaces.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Be exposed to sounds or noise levels that may be uncomfortable.
- Prolong standing or in stationary position for long periods of time.
- Complete repetitive movements.
- Bend or twist.
- Wear all required personal protective equipment.
- Lift/move/transport items up to 75 pounds
- Be in the position to move/traverse about inside site to access machinery, etc.
- Ability to operate various assembly/manufacturing/repair tools.
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles.
- Should have strong hand-eye coordination.
- Specific vision abilities including close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth.
- Sufficient physical reflexes and personal mobility.
- Work outside of normal business hours, occasionally at short notice.
This is not necessarily an all-inclusive list of job-related responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities or may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.