Sr. Manager International Sales
Develops and maintains international and domestic Polyethylene accounts with emphasis on Europe for sale of Westlake Corporation resins.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Works under the direction of the Associate Director, Polyethylene but operates independently on a day-to-day basis
- Responsible for key strategic multi-site accounts (i.e. plants, technical, corporate, etc.) to stabilize and grow volumes and margins at the key accounts
- Develops and maintains relationships with top executives at corporate level down to production personnel at factory level to establish value at all levels (i.e. Multi-level selling)
- Negotiates prices and sales volumes for all products
- Responsible for setting the account strategy for all accounts. This is to include: product mix, margin upgrade, optimal ship to locations, sales call frequency, management visit frequency, technical service visit frequency and agenda.
- Leads problem solving analysis in assigned areas and often participates in problem solving in additional non-assigned areas. Seen as a key resource internally within department
- Foresight to project market, sales trends, and forecasts
- Ability to act as team lead and make decisions on critical sales initiatives
- Develops detailed annual sales plan and facilitates / coordinates all functional resources to deliver on plan and new developments
- Significantly contributes to process improvements and efficiency in department by researching and communicating best practices gained through industry experience
- Seen as key resource for critical client communications
- Forecast customer sales volumes annually and on a rolling 90 day basis
- Mentors new and existing sales staff
- Participate, when appropriate, in product team meetings to address national account needs or issues
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures
- Fully supports Company goals of continuous improvement and operational excellence, and sustainability at strategic and tactical levels including reviewing area of responsibility for improvement opportunities to initiate projects or communicate ideas to management as well as active participation on project teams
- Any additional responsibilities or tasks as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Required B.A degree in business or technical discipline, and 15+ years of sales experience preferably polyethylene.
- Strong knowledge of the industry. Recognized as an industry expert. Should be able to understand the factors that influence Polyethylene supply/demand and pricing and compile data independently to begin formulating an analysis of the current market landscape.
- Polymer knowledge and end use process technology key
- Possesses expertise based on long and proven track record in sales strategies, face-to-face selling skills, and specialized products or markets
- Ability to effectively and independently communicate orally and in writing to the appropriate audience in a timely manner and to communicate with and make presentations to customers and management
- Completes responsibilities and projects assigned by management in a timely manner
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Word and other software tools
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office. Some of the work may be required in the operating units which can require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc. May also result in exposure to outside elements and may require usage of stairs and elevators. 75% travel including air travel or auto travel may occasionally be required.