Sr. Sales Representative - Remote in Dallas, TX with Travel
Westlake Royal Building Products, a US building products manufacturer, has a full-time opening for a Territory Sales Manager in Dallas, Texas.
The focus of this role is to work as a technical subject matter expert supporting our local distribution network. Expanding the overall volume and mix of products as well as growing Westlake Royal Building Product’s market share. This role will generate awareness and create demand by influencing contractors, builders and architects through product demonstration and field installation training. The Territory Sales Manager is also responsible for achieving company sales, mix and profitability targets in the assigned sales territory.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Quickly establish strong relationships with all existing customers
- Create opportunity and take additional share within our distribution channels
- Establish heavy focus contractor relationships and the architect community to ‘pull’ business through to distributors (both existing & new)
- Analyze territory distribution needs and establish targets for additional distribution
- Train installation teams, customers, contractors and sales personnel on correct installation techniques and best practices
- Participate in channel strategy for territory
- Work closely with Marketing Department to provide information and support programs
- Operate within expense budget parameters
- Provide intelligence to marketing department
- Actively participate, as required, in inter-company teams and work groups
- Make presentations, demonstrate products and represent the company at trade shows
- Maintain contact with dealers and distributors, and analyze sales statistics to determine sales potential and inventory requirements
- Increase sales for the Westlake Royal Building Product brands
- Conduct in person meetings, presentations, follow-ups and proposals
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’ degree preferred
- Minimum of three years direct sales experience required; building product sales experience preferred
- Self-motivated and able to engage directly with sales targets
- Strong relationship building and negotiation skills
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously, detail oriented
- Requires the consultative mind-set, solution oriented method of selling
- Existing strong relationships within the dealer and/or distribution channel not required, but a plus
- Must be residing in or near the Dallas, TX area (remote work)
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US markets. The base pay range for this position is $75,000 to $85,000. This range is based on relevant market data in our lowest and highest geographic markets. Pay is based on several factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, experience, and skillset. Westlake is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, sign on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package (also to include a full range of medical and other benefits).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Job will require 50% travel on average. Ability to be away from home for multiple nights per week and riding in automobiles for several hours per day is required. Insurability and valid US state driver’s license is mandatory.