Sr. Sales Representative, Georgia, Alabama, Chattanooga, TN Region
Royal Building Products, a US building products manufacturer, has a full-time opening for a Territory Manager role for the region covering GA, AL and Chattanooga, TN. Products include Royal & Exterior Portfolio Vinyl Siding, Mid-America, Shake, and Foundry.
The focus of this role is to work as a trusted partner of the distributor expanding the overall volume and mix of products as well as growing Royal Building Product’s market share by generating awareness, creating demand by influencing contractors, builders and architects to ask for Royal products and executing sales. The Sales Representative is also responsible for achieving company sales, mix and profitability targets in the assigned sales territory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Quickly establish strong relationships with all existing customers
- Create business with remodeling companies, architects, new construction builders, decking contractors, and other trade professionals
- Create opportunity and take additional share within our distribution channels
- Establish heavy focus on dealer & contractor relationships to ‘pull’ business through to distributors (both existing & new)
- Present several times per week to builders, remodelers, installers, architects and specifiers
- Analyze territory distribution needs and establish targets for additional distribution
- Have full understanding of installation of all products in order to assist distributors in training as well as customer service needs
- Participate in channel strategy for territory
- Work closely with Marketing Department to provide information and support programs
- Operate within expense budget parameters
- Make presentations, demonstrate products and represent the company at trade shows, regional home and garden shows to develop leads
- Maintain contact with dealers and distributors, and analyze sales statistics to determine sales potential and inventory requirements and to monitor customers' preferences
- Conduct field visits to customers and sell services
- Increase sales for the Royal Building Product brands
- Prepare proposals and contracts
QUALIFICATION & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of five years direct sales experience required; building product sales experience preferred
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously, detail oriented
- An enthusiastic, self-starter with good interpersonal skills
- Requires the consultative mind-set, solution oriented method of selling
- Existing strong relationships within the dealer and/or distribution channel a plus
- Bachelor’ degree preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to hold, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. The employee may lift, carry and/or move up to 15 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Job will require 60% travel on average. Ability to be away from home for multiple nights per week and riding in automobiles for several hours per day is required. Insurability and valid US state driver’s license is mandatory.