Superintendent-Maintenance, Building Products
Westlake Pipe & Fittings, a Westlake company (NYSE:WLK), is the second-largest polyvinyl chloride pipe and fittings manufacturer in North America. Westlake Pipe & Fittings supplies gasketed, solvent weld and restrained joint pipes and a wide range of fittings for a diverse list of markets including municipal water and sewer, plumbing, water well, pool and spa, and agricultural and turf irrigation. Westlake Pipe & Fittings is an industry leader in product development with Certa-Lok® spline-lock technology and product systems that are focused on building A Better Foundation. To learn more, visit the website at WestlakePipe.com
SO WHY WESTLAKE PIPE & FITTINGS?
We believe in creating a supportive and inclusive culture that empowers and encourages our associates to succeed through individual achievement and teamwork. A career at Westlake Pipe & Fittings, is enriched with an innovative spirit, high work ethic, and rewarding experiences. We foster a culture that supports professional development, personal growth, and opportunities for advancement.
COMPETITIVE PAY & BENEFITS
- Benefits Effective Day 1
- Med, Den, Vision, 401k (4% match), Annual Retirement Contribution (2%), Life & AD&D
- Paid Vacation
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Fitness Reimbursement Program
- Pay for Knowledge Program
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Directs and coordinates activities of workers engaged in repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools and equipment, tool and die maintenance and repair, and in maintenance of buildings, grounds and utility systems of the industrial plant by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates. (Some travel may be required).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform industrial maintenance management on all fronts by supervising maintenance workers and establishing priorities in maintenance schedules and tasks.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- Maintain all manufacturing assets in facilities, monitor equipment inventory, handle purchase orders, invoice approvals, and manage maintenance department budgets.
- Coordinates activities of workers fabricating or modifying machines, tools, or equipment to manufacture new products or improve existing products.
- Provide training and development opportunities to all maintenance staff and personnel.
- Carry out performance evaluations and appraisals.
- Carry out maintenance activities based on preventive maintenance programs and predictive maintenance initiatives.
- Coordinate outside activities, such as inspections, ensuring safety protocols are met, and project management.
- Build a healthy work environment for all personnel.
- Review maintenance department financials to manage labor costs, maintenance costs, and other expenses in budgets.
- Maintain a detailed maintenance log and report on all daily maintenance activities.
- Develop, manage, and maintain quality standards, safety standards, environmental regulatory compliance and optimal working standards.
- Develops and maintains a robust preventative maintenance program in conjunction with engineering and maintenance staff, good work practices and equipment technical requirements.
- Inspects operating machines and equipment for conformance with operational standards.
- Plans, develops, and implements new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and effect greater utilization of labor and materials.
- Reviews new product plans and discusses equipment needs and modification with design engineers.
- Confers with management, engineering, and quality control personnel to resolve safety issues and maintenance problems and recommends measures to improve operations and conditions of machines and equipment.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma, prefer experience in extrusion.
- AS or AA in a technical field / management is preferred
- 5 plus years’ experience in a management/supervisory role is required.
- Demonstrates excellent problem-solving abilities, and effective management skills.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in a written and verbal manner.
- A working understanding of CMMS software, PLC programming and operation, electrical systems, and mechanical systems.
- Knowledge of SAP is a plus
- OSHA 10/30 course completion is preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This is a working supervisor position. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as half of the time is based in an office and half of the time will be required in the operating units which can require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc. May also result in exposure to outside elements and may require usage of stairs and elevators. Travel including air travel or auto travel may occasionally be required.