Superintendent - Maintenance
SUPERINTENDENT - MAINTENANCE
This position will be responsible for the overall management of the maintenance effort in assigned units. Key areas of responsibility include KPI monitoring & management, management of the work management system, management of unit turnarounds, maintenance cost analysis & improvement plans, 5-year maintenance replacement capital plans, and overall maintenance improvement plans. This person will interface between operations, reliability engineering and the contract maintenance groups.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage the maintenance activities of the facilities in a safe, economical and environmentally sound manner.
- Administer maintenance agreements that Westlake has entered into for services at this location.
- Enforce all plant safety rules and regulations and participate in regular safety meetings.
- Participate in departmental budget preparation and input to area maintenance budgets annually; exercise cost control measures necessary to meet the budget requirements. Project monthly maintenance expenditures including the financial impact of turnarounds.
- Responsible for the appraisals of performance of Westlake Maintenance personnel.
- Responsible for keeping maintenance personnel abreast of advancing technology in diagnostic techniques, repair procedures and preventative measures to assure optimum performance at minimum cost.
- Provide leadership and support to drive development of detailed asset strategies for improved asset reliability.
- Ensure Root Cause Failure Analysis and/or troubleshooting procedures to solve repetitive equipment problems is being utilized.
- Responsible for creating an environment of support for the company’s Continuous Improvement Process.
- Participate and utilize various improvement or benchmarking projects as required.
- Develop and maintain five (5) year maintenance and capital improvement plans.
- Assist with onboarding, training, and mentoring of new maintenance personnel on various maintenance systems.
- Implementation of contracting strategy cost control measures.
- Communicate and review Maintenance performance metrics and KPI’s with Maintenance and Operational personnel on a regular basis to improve understanding and to drive improved productivity and efficiencies.
- Responsible for continuously auditing warehouse inventory to delete and/or revise maximum or minimum.
- Demonstrates strong safety culture through personal behavior and commitment to environmental, health & safety.
- Participates in the PACE culture of safety.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical or Civil Engineering, or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of 7 years of chemical plant maintenance experience required.
- Supervisory experience required with supervision of professionals preferred.
- Good understanding of preventive and predictive maintenance technologies, asset strategies and reliable manufacturing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office Suite.
- This position also requires a high degree of organizational skills and the ability to perform cost tracking and data analysis.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, climb, kneel, squat/bend, push/pull; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is sometimes moderate when working inside, however, some of the work may be required in the operating units which mandates usage of required PPE and safety equipment including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc. May also result in exposure to outside elements and may require usage of stairs. Travel may occasionally be required.