Westlake Windows and Doors Manufacturing in Houston, Texas, is seeking a Quality Supervisor. This is a hands-on position that requires most of the time to be on the manufacturing floor. Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Quality supervisor will lead and promote the facility’s Quality Program by systematically identifying quality gaps and implementing robust solutions to ensure Delivered Quality to our Customers. The individual will partner with the process owners to develop and implement procedures to ensure the quality and consistency of all the products. The Quality supervisor proactively identifies risks, assesses the relevant controls, and executes the necessary actions.
- Comply with Westlake Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Regular attendance, timeliness, and scheduling flexibility.
- Oversee and follow the site Quality Site Management (QMS) Manual procedures.
- Oversee the QC and quality and assurance of products manufactured on-site.
- Provide training to employees when issues are recognized that affect the quality of their work.
- Conduct daily inspections and document any production errors for all the departments in production.
- Support the Service team when customer complaints occur and take necessary actions to prevent reoccurrences.
- Check and confirm the accuracy of the work performed and the methods used by production staff.
- Communicate quality control-related topics with site management daily, including but not limited to morning Operations Meetings amongst the site management team.
- Conduct various tests and quality assurance checks to verify the quality of completed projects.
- Develop and analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and to establish the quality and reliability expectancy of finished products.
- Provide technical and statistical expertise to teams.
- Formulate, document, and maintain quality control standards and ongoing quality control objectives.
- Design, develop, and implement quality control training programs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Being able to speak and communicate in Spanish is a plus
- Analytical and mathematical mind, capable of evaluating and solving complex problems.
- Leadership skills necessary to coach and inspire production staff to meet or exceed QMS expectations.
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to multitask and thrive in a timeline-driven environment.
- Organizational Skills.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Time Management.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The employee should possess the ability to:
- Prolong standing or in a stationary position.
- Complete repetitive movements such as occasional typing of reports.
- Be exposed to sounds or noise levels that may be uncomfortable.
- Complete repetitive movements.
- Wear all the required personal protective equipment (hearing, vision, and foot protection).
- Lift/move/transport items up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to ascend/descend stairs or ladders.
- Ability to work around dust, chemicals, and other substances in various environmental conditions.
- Occasional travel with a personal vehicle to support the Engineering team and Quality Control team on an as-needed basis.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial or mechanical engineering
- Lean manufacturing certification is a plus
- The successful candidate will have at least six years of manufacturing experience and at least three years of quality experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to train staff
- Knowledge of PFMEA, quality programs, SPC, process capability, and lean manufacturing principles
This is not necessarily an all-inclusive list of job-related responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements, or working conditions. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements. They are subject to possible modification to accommodate individuals with disabilities reasonably or may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at-will" relationship.