Supervisor-Shift, Building Products
The Molding Supervisor is responsible for supervising all production efforts during assigned shift to ensure we meet Operational Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and in implementing continuous improvement plans related to efficiency, quality and talent development.
The schedule for this position is D shift; 7:00pm-7:00am (36-48 hours per week rotating schedule).
OUR BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Paid vacation and paid holidays beginning day one of employment
- 5 Bonuses per year based on plant performance
- 401(k) with company match up to 4%, plus an annual 2% contribution
- Safety Shoes allowance
- Prescription Safety Glasses allowance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance beginning day one of employment
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Benefits
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Basic Life Insurance (2x your salary)
*Vacation hours are prorated based on start date.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Supervises, hires and directs hourly personnel and manufacturing operations assigned to their shift.
- Reviews production orders and schedules to makes constant decisions based on product data such as types, quantities, specifications, schedules, logistics and plans operations accordingly.
- Assigns duties to all shift members and ensures that production schedule will be completed.
- Conducts safety and PPE checks
- Provide technical leadership to shift personnel, to include: line setup/operation, metrics definition/reporting, testing, troubleshooting, and training facilitation.
- Responsible for attendance, vacation schedules, training and other administrative tasks.
- Ensure optimum utilization of manpower and equipment to dictate efficient workflow.
- Delegate responsibility and recognize, develop, train and utilize talents and capabilities of all shift personnel.
- Administer on the job training to new employees and provide continuous training as needed. Participate and act as a lead for the new Extruder Operator training.
- Partner with engineering, maintenance, quality and innovations departments to ensure all quality standards, practices, testing and metrics are administered and adhered to as required by VSI and the customer’s expectations.
- Facilitate safety training and complete all incident investigations and reporting.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to include: 5S, scrap reduction initiatives, and quality/innovations.
- Spearhead projects, as needed and/or assigned, that solve current business problems and /or directly contribute to long-term business objectives.
Directly supervises Process Technicians, Material technicians, Lead Inspector Packers, and Inspector Packers. Dotted line oversight to Compounding, Quality and maintenance staff working on the assigned shift. Approximately 25-35 people
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of five years of manufacturing experience; specifically, injection molding
- Minimum of five years supervisory experience
- Knowledge and experience in material control, engineering, quality and maintenance.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes
- Success in planning, executing, and managing projects
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate upwardly to top management and downward to a wide range of audiences
- Strong communication skills
- Self-directed and able to multi-task in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- High level of demonstrated leadership skills
- MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to hold, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must lift, carry and/or move up to 75 lbs. frequently. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office. Some of the work may be required in the operating units which can require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc. May also result in exposure to outside elements and may require usage of stairs. Travel including air travel or auto travel may occasionally be required.