Organize, supervise, and monitor Westlake warehouse activities, including supervision of warehouse personnel, maintaining sufficient inventory and inventory records, resolving shipment errors and ensuring ready access to items by warehouse customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Drives warehouse operational excellence by managing the receipt, upkeep, distribution and record keeping of products to stakeholders by warehouse personnel in a consistent and efficient process.
- Ensure the warehouse is adequately stocked including ordering warehouse items which are on blanket orders.
- Maintains inventory accuracy though warehouse personnel by conducting daily or annual physical counts reconciling variances in conjunction with Finance and Procurement management.
- Train, mentor, supervise, and assist warehouse personnel in performance of their duties.
- Resolve errors with vendor shipments and forwards information to Purchasing supervision for inclusion in vendor files for evaluation purposes.
- Maintain pertinent records such as packing lists and receiver's lists.
- Handle administrative duties for warehouse personnel including scheduling of overtime, maintaining timesheets and reviewing work performance.
- Ensure that in-plant deliveries of materials are made in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure that outgoing shipments are scheduled, and shipments made as specified.
- Set up new items in warehouse, making minimum/maximum adjustments or material changes as requested.
- Forward necessary paperwork to Accounting Department for processing.
- Arrange for shipment of repairable warehouse items such as motors, seals and compressor units.
- Perform other duties as requested by Purchasing management to assure effective and efficient operation of the Department.
- Organize physical inventory of the warehouse.
- Comply with all Warehouse Policies & Procedures, and DOA requirements as they relate to Warehouse activity.
- Responsible for minimizing inventory variance in conjunction with annual Warehouse audit.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
B.S. in Business related field preferred and seven years progressive warehouse experience, or progressive experience acceptable to management. Effective oral and written communication skills, ability to utilize PC and experience in general software applications such as SAP, Excel, Word, etc.
This job is performed mainly in control room or office setting; physical presence is required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; have full use and range of motion of arms, hands and fingers to reach, grasp, hold, push or pull, twist, and work with tools; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to perform tasks that may require bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, lying down or working from elevated platforms. The employee must be able to move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee must be able to see details of objects that are more/less than a few feet away; see differences between colors, shades and brightness and determine the distance between objects. This job requires response to audible emergency alarms inside of the plant. Employee must be able to evacuate when required.
The employee must be able to work in a normal factory environment, including enclosed spaces and exposure to various hazards. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office. Some of the work may be required in the operating units which can require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, flame retardant clothing, etc. May also result in exposure to outside elements and may require usage of stairs and elevators. Travel including air travel or auto travel may occasionally be required.