The Team Leader coordinates and oversees the work activities of the production line crew, ensuring that safety rules are followed, and work assignments and personnel rotations are appropriate for current workload and product profiles.
- Comply with Company Safety Policies and Procedures
- Working in tandem with Plant Quality personnel, monitors the quality of the product being produced by checking all physical properties (including but not limited to color, shape, and consistency) on a systematic basis-and properly documents all measurements.
- Monitors production machinery and equipment for optimal production performance/output, according to established standards. Performs and/or recommends machinery adjustments; requests assistance from maintenance personnel when necessary to ensure that quality levels are maintained.
- Assists Line Supervision in gathering data for and preparing production reports.
- Monitors production schedules and labor assignments to ensure smooth production line operations.
- Monitors and enforces all safety, quality and environmental rules and procedures.
- Takes corrective action as needed whenever deviations from established rules and standards occur.
- Immediately reports to Plant Supervision all matters requiring the attention of Plant Management.
- Observes safety lock-out/tag-out procedures and provides training to production line personnel as required.
- Ensures that plant housekeeping is maintained in all areas in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Provides relief and/or replaces personnel in all production line positions (Machine Operator, Color Mix Operator, Forklift Driver, or Stacker) whenever required.
- Follow up and ensure completion on any corrections and adjustments identified during inspections.
- Teams with Line and Production Supervision to identify and support cross-training and other development opportunities for all plant personnel.
- Observes and monitors performance of production line employees on an on-going basis and assists Line Supervisor in developing performance evaluations for production line employees.
- All other duties as requested or assigned by Line Supervisor.
- Regular attendance, timeliness and scheduling flexibility
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Good written and verbal skills
- Demonstrated math, estimating, and analytical capability
- Problem solving and decision-making capability
- Ability to interact with people from a variety of backgrounds, levels and positions
- Computer Skills: SAP enterprise software, Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with E-Mail Systems and electronic forms processing
- Honest, dedicated, and enthusiastic team player with solid work ethic
- Good communicator who can relate well to individuals of all backgrounds
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The employee should have the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1 - 2 years' experience in a relevant field
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The employee should possess the ability to:
- Be exposed to sounds or noise levels that maybe uncomfortable
- Withstand exposure to temperature extremes inside or out
- Prolong standing or in stationary position
- Complete repetitive movements
- Bend and/or twist
- Lift/move/transport items up to 50 pounds
- Ability to move or traverse about the facilities
- Ability to work around dust, chemicals, and other substances, and in various environmental conditions
- Wear all required personal protective equipment (hearing, vision and hardhat protection).