Technical Lead Hand/Quality Control
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the Lead Hand - Quality Control/Production will have responsibility for all aspects of quality of materials. Production department, including staffing, safety, training, equipment, output and scheduling planning and coordination with day shift supervisors and planners.
COMPETITIVE HOURLY RATE, NIGHT SHIFT PREMIUM & ADDITIONAL INCENTIVES UPON HIRE
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for safety and productivity of production workforce.
- Has complete understanding of the Company’s objectives concerning safety, quality and productivity.
- Monitor production schedule and arrange necessary information to the line operators related to product changes.
- Utilize workforce to achieve production goals and meet shipping deadlines.
- Operate production line if necessary in the absence of line operator.
- Correct profile or set up problems.
- Assist maintenance department to expedite re-commissioning of faulty equipment.
- Achieve the highest output of the line without sacrificing quality.
- Monitor quality on lines.
- Minimize and strive to reduce downtime.
- Organize work order scheduler, raw material staging, finished goods removal.
- Collect and prepare samples for scheduled testing.
- Perform all required quality tests according to test procedures manual and as assigned by QC Supervisor.
- Record all test results in the appropriate logs, as per QC procedure.
- Must be able to perform all Quality Control inspection and testing.
- Must demonstrate competence in all Quality Control Laboratory and Quality Control Production requirements.
- Report all non-conformances to Production Supervisor and follow the scrap/quarantine activities as per company procedure.
- Report any damaged or malfunctioned piece of testing equipment to Production Supervisor, Plant Manager.
- Communicate with peers at beginning/end of his shift re Quality issues/processing issues.
- Communicate with QC management by acknowledging any written instructions in the QC log Book (1) and leave report via email communications.
- Be able/flexible to work extended hours or weekend if required.
- Participates in mid and year-end inventory count if required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ontario High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have two to five years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Computer knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Quality Control experience.
- Understanding of Company ERP Systems & related systems (JDE / DSI)
- Must have strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Able to perform tasks with little or no supervision.
- Able to work well with others and in a team setting.
- Must be a self-starter.