Territory Manager I - Remote in VA with Travel
This position is primarily responsible for implementing and managing the sales and promotion activities for the DaVinci Roofscapes family of products to contractors, architects, and distribution in the Virginia area by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Performs pre-planned sales calls to contractors, architects, building owners and distribution. Sales calls will be made independently and in partnership with existing distribution.
- Creates new business growth in addition to maintenance of existing direct and indirect customers.
- Ensures the maintenance of existing customers, assuring all direct customers are trained and have plentiful and updated tools and supplies to properly present DaVinci Roofscapes to their customers.
- Documents sales call activities using the DaVinci CRM tool.
- Documents, tracks, and updates opportunities discovered using the DaVinci CRM tool.
- Conducts product training to direct and indirect customers.
- Works leads and opportunities distributed by DaVinci.
- Sets up and works local trade shows and may be occasionally asked to travel to other markets to support shows or promotions.
- Performs market research, market planning, and budgeting.
- Follows up on customer complaints and inspects occasional warranty issues.
- Recommends budgets to management.
- Attends company meetings to exchange product and market information.
- Analyzes sales statistics to formulate sales plans and assist dealers in growing sales.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Strong proven ability to grow sales territory
· Knowledge of roofing products and components
· Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate effectively and tactfully with customers, managers, and other levels of personnel in person, by phone, and email
· Strong work ethic with leadership aptitude
· Ability to multitask, plan and prioritize, organized
· Self-starter and results driven
· Problem solving and decision-making capabilities
· Strong desire to expand knowledge, skills and experience
· Understanding of finance, accounting and budgeting principles
· Proficient with Microsoft Office software, SAP enterprise software desired
· Work independently and as a team in a fast-paced environment
· Detail oriented
· Work safely at all times
· Must possess a valid driver’s license
· Ability to adjust style to relate to customers
· High level of energy and enthusiasm
· Persuasive and resilient
· Handle confidential information
· Ability to work within a team environment as well as independently managing time effectively
. Ability to travel 50 to 75% of the time (mostly in the Virginia area)
. Must be residing in the Virginia area (remote work)
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The employee should have the following:
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
· 1 - 2 years' experience in functional role in manufacturing (building materials/roofing background is a plus)
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The employee should possess the ability to:
- Prolong standing or in stationary position
- Complete repetitive movements such as typing
- General Office Activities - walking, standing, sitting, talking, operating computer, cell phone, etc.
- Lifting heavy materials; up to 50 lbs.
This is not necessarily an all-inclusive list of job-related responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities or may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.