Territory Manager - MD, DE, NC
Westlake Pipe & Fittings, a Westlake company (NYSE:WLK), is the second-largest polyvinyl chloride pipe and fittings manufacturer in North America. With 35 manufacturing and distribution locations, the company supplies gasketed, solvent weld and restrained joint pipes and a wide range of fittings for a diverse list of markets including municipal water and sewer, plumbing, water well, pool and spa, and agricultural and turf irrigation. Westlake Pipe & Fittings is an industry leader in product development with Certa-Lok® spline-lock technology and product systems that are focused on building a better foundation. To learn more, visit the website at WestlakePipe.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
We believe in creating a supportive and inclusive culture that empowers and encourages our associates to succeed through individual achievement and teamwork. A career at Westlake Pipe & Fittings, is enriched with an innovative spirit, high work ethic, and rewarding experiences. We foster a culture that supports professional development, personal growth, and opportunities for advancement.
The Territory Manager achieves increased sales revenue and profitability within the territory of Maryland, Delaware and North Carolina. The Territory Manager will achieve sales goals by effectively selling and communicating the company’s products and/or related services to existing and prospective customers. A major focus will be on the pull through sales process by creating demand at the specifier, owner, and contractor levels.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
- Meet or exceed sales goals and objectives set by management
- Create demand by educating on the features and benefits of Certa-Lok restrained joint PVC Product system to engineers, owners, municipalities, contractors, and wholesale distribution.
- Perform professional presentations or demonstrations of company’s products and services
- Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with distributors, engineers, municipalities, contractors, and other key contacts within the assigned geographic territory.
- Build and maintain ongoing awareness of industry products and services, competitor activities and other research that can be shared with management
- Evaluate marketing data by utilizing sales management software tools to maximize sales efficiency and effectiveness
- Actively manage travel schedule to cover assigned territory in a time-efficient manner. Travel will be roughly 50% within sales territory.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and establishing professional networks. Focus should especially be paid to directional drilling, pipe bursting, and other areas where restrained pipe is needed.
- Resolve customer complaints by identifying problems and expediting solutions
- Provide management weekly market activity/results and monthly territory analyses
- Work closely with distribution in order to forecast monthly sales volume
- Coordinate sales efforts with sales management, accounting, logistics, engineering, manufacturing and customer service groups
- Analyze the territory/market’s potential and determine the value of existing and prospective customers to the organization and value/volume model
- Plan and organize sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment for assigned territory
- Participate in local, regional and national trade shows
- Ensure that databases are current and updated with accurate customer information
- Implement pricing policies within market segments as directed by Regional Sales Manager
- Coordinate major bid strategy and maintain bid calendar
- Provide pricing, product availability and order status information to territory accounts
- Execute the timely preparation of all sales reports, expense reports and assigned projects
- Effectively manage a Travel and Entertainment Budget to maximize return on investment. rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business or related field
- Self-starter, motivated, team focused and results driven
- Strong presentation, organizational, and time management skills
- Demonstrated track record of exceeding corporate goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong technical skills and aptitude; ability to present technical concepts with hands-on demonstrations to customers
- Proficient in MS Office
- Ability to travel within assigned geographic territory
- Valid driver’s license and good DMV record
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US markets. The base pay range for this position is $90,000 to $166,000. This range is based on relevant market data in our lowest and highest geographic markets. Pay is based on several factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, experience and skillset. Westlake is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, sign-on payment, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package (also to include a full range of medical and other benefits).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, extreme cold, and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
Job can require up to 60-70% travel.