Warehouse Operator - 2nd Shift
About Westlake Pipe & Fittings
Westlake Pipe & Fittings, a Westlake company (NYSE:WLK), is the second-largest polyvinyl chloride pipe and fittings manufacturer in North America. Westlake Pipe & Fittings supplies gasketed, solvent weld and restrained joint pipes and a wide range of fittings for a diverse list of markets including municipal water and sewer, plumbing, water well, pool and spa, and agricultural and turf irrigation. Westlake Pipe & Fittings is an industry leader in product development with Certa-Lok® spline-lock technology and product systems that are focused on building A Better Foundation. To learn more, visit the website at WestlakePipe.com.
SO WHY WESTLAKE PIPE & FITTINGS?
We believe in creating a supportive and inclusive culture that empowers and encourages our associates to succeed through individual achievement and teamwork. A career at Westlake Pipe & Fittings, is enriched with an innovative spirit, high work ethic, and rewarding experiences. We foster a culture that supports professional development, personal growth, and opportunities for advancement.
COMPETITIVE PAY & BENEFITS
- Benefits Effective Day 1
- Med, Den, Vision, 401k (4% match), Annual Retirement Contribution (2%), Life & AD&D
- Paid Vacation
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Fitness Reimbursement Program
- Opportunity for Advancement
Responsible for accurate receiving, storing, preparing and shipping orders of product. Knows their responsibility in a contingency plan or crisis situation. Must be able to work the shift pattern as outlined by distribution needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Count all products, compare to manifest and check all shipments for damage, infestation and production code dates
- Report shortages, damages and mis-shipments on appropriate forms
- Sign for inbound shipments when necessary
- If assigned, and you are a qualified forklift driver, unload inbound shipments safely and move product to storage locations
Storage: Maximize space usage and safely put away items onto racks
- Ensure correct number and type of product is picked
- Transport orders to shipping locations or delivery platforms with material handling equipment
- Stencil, tag or mark orders as required
- Compare quantity, labeling and address with order to ensure outgoing shipments are complete and correct
- Accept signatures for outbound as necessary
- Efficiently move product into outbound delivery vehicles
- Maintain equipment and assigned areas in a neat, clean and orderly fashion
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently
- Comply with all local, OSHA or Expeditors’ standards
- Keep accurate records and reports. Assist in physical inventories and cycle counts
- Ensure proper stock rotation
Other Duties: Repack or re-box cases per instructions. Repair and re-box damaged goods as required. Operate shrink-wrap machine if assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Preferred high school degree
- 6 months of distribution and warehousing experience or comparable experience - RF technologies a plus
- Must be able to read, count accurately, do simple math (add, subtract, divide, multiply) and write legibly. Must be capable of standing and walking for extended periods.
- Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Must be able to stand or sit for prolonged periods
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail and positive attitude
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office. Some of the work may be required in the operating units which can require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc. May also result in exposure to outside elements and may require usage of stairs and elevators. Travel including air travel or auto travel may occasionally be required.