Manage all functions within the warehouse department, including receiving, storage, order picking, shipping and transportation. This position requires a focus on customer satisfaction by maintaining and continually improving warehouse operations to ensure the timely, accurate and cost-efficient delivery of products to our customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop, coach, and train personnel on safety, compliance, product knowledge, company procedures, and best-practices as it relates to the warehouse environment.
- Ensures adherence with cycle count program based on ABC principles.
- Leads internal efforts in developing implementation of best practices throughout the shipping operation.
- Drives continuous improvement efforts with a continued focus on achieving operational excellence.
- Defines KPI’s while holding the site accountable on meeting and/or exceeding those targets.
- Manage day-to-day shipping operations, measures performance for on time, in-full delivery performance, shipping costs for all forms of transit, warehouse inventory management, warehousing productivity and quality, and workforce planning requirements.
- Investigates cause analysis issues for problem reconciliation and leads corrective action for complaints related to transportation, logistics handling and warehousing of finished products.
- Directs staff to support strategic customer care service objectives, enhance staff, team skills and competencies, and establish team performance objectives.
- Confers with department heads to ensure coordination of warehouse activities with activities of other functions such as production, sales, quality control and purchasing.
- Maintains records for warehouse operations.
- Works with managers and personnel of other departments to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Arrange warehouse materials to maximize utilization of space and to expedite pulling of job orders.
- Responsible for managing the flow of all materials into and out of the warehouse to include: production, customer shipments, supplier shipments, interplant shipments, etc.
- Responsible for working with managers, other supervisors, and employees from other departments to promote a team environment to achieve goals across all shifts.
- Provide technical leadership to personnel, to include: equipment, cycle count accuracy, inventory location control, order picking accuracy, metrics definition/reporting, root cause troubleshooting.
- Facilitate safety training and complete all incident investigations and reporting.
- Coordinate departmental productivity and inventory management goals.
- Evaluate and manage warehouse resources and activities in relation to company objectives and set targets.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Material Management, or related field
- 5 - 7 years of management experience in warehousing, inventory control, or materials management
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a strong attention to detail. Problem analysis and problem resolution ability. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills. Must have the ability collect and analyze data, and prepare concise reports summarizing the findings of work. Must have the ability to prepare and deliver oral and visual presentations. Ability to effectively communicate to employees at all levels of the organization. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- JDE/SAP/AX experience preferred
- Familiarity with MS Excel and MS Office suite
- Experience working/maintaining WMS system
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office. Some of the work may be required in the operating units which can require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc. May also result in exposure to outside elements and may require usage of stairs and elevators. Travel including air travel or auto travel may occasionally be required.